Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dear Holiday Tea,

You are the best thing ever. No, really, I'm not just saying that to make you blush. You are absolutely, hands-down, my favourite tea in the entire world, and that's saying a lot, since I've tried many teas in my time. Not that I'm a tea slut. I didn't mean it like that. You're really the only one for me. The other teas, they meant nothing. NOTHING, I tell you. That cold brew ice tea this summer? It was just a fling. A summer thing. You know how it is.

...Stop looking at me like that. You KNOW you're only sold in the winter, after Halloween. You know I can't afford to buy enough tins of you to last me through till next winter! I always come back though! Okay, there was that thing with the vanilla chai for a while, but I still buy you every year! I save your beautiful red tins and I lovingly fill them with candy and... and... well... other tea bags.

I know, I'm a horrible person. I feel terrible. I don't want you to think I'm a tea slut and that I brew these other teas when you're not around just out of spite, but I get excited about trying something new. You're still my One True Tea though. We'll always have November through February...

Sincerely yours,

Melissa

2 comments: